1. Which command displays a router's IP routing table?
2. A router's IOS image is typically stored where?
3. Routes that are manually configured are referred to as?
4. Which of the following might a Layer-2 switch do with a frame?
5. Which command displays the configuration file stored in NVRAM?
6. Which command administratively enables a router interface?
7. The IP address 18.104.22.168 falls into which address class?
8. The process of adding headers as PDUs proceed down the protocol stack is referred to as?
9. When using the Cisco IOS CLI, what hot-key sequence completes the current command keyword?
10. A router's startup configuration file is stored where?
11. An Ethernet switch functions at which OSI layer?
12. Multicast IP addresses belong to which address class?
13. What is the name of Layer 4 of the OSI model?
14. If a router with no startup configuration is reloaded, it goes into which mode?
15. A router's running configuration exists where?
16. What is the directed broadcast address for the 10.20.30.48/29 subnet?
17. Which command displays the loading on a router interface?
18. Which command sequence configures IP RIPv1 on an Ethernet 1 interface having an IP address of 192.168.200.41?
19. Which subnet mask will divide a class C network into at least four subnets, with each subnet supporting at least fifty hosts?
20. For which type of interface does the DCE normally do the clocking?
21. What type of routing protocols automatically adjust to changes in topology?
22. What is the purpose of the "bandwidth" interface command?
23. What is the purpose of CDP?
24. Sending copies of a frame out on all interfaces other than that on which a frame is received is referred to as?
25. What is the function of "Bit 6" of the configuration register?
26. Which of the following is an RFC-1918 private IP address?
27. Which of the following do HDLC and PPP have in common?
28. Which layer of the TCP/IP model is equivalent to layer three of the OSI model?
29. When a Cisco device is powered up, what's the first thing that happens?
30. What is the administrative distance for RIPv2?
31. Which four of the following are characteristics of an enterprise-class layer-two Ethernet switch?
32. What does a layer-two switch use to build and maintain its switching table?
33. In the context of computer networking, what is the definition of "ATM"?
34. What is the purpose of a subnet mask?
35. Which of the following are advertised by CDP?
36. Where might a router find a "boot system" command during startup?
37. What would the "show interface" command display regarding an Ethernet0 interface that has been manually shut down?
38. What is the function of IP ARP?
39. When the target host is outside the local subnet, a host sets the destination address of the frame header to:
40. Which "remote control" device management utility is the most secure?
41. Which items might be contained in an IP routing table entry?
42. Given the host address and mask 192.168.5.237/27, on which subnet is the host?
43. Which subnet mask is equivalent to 255.255.192.0?
44. Which of the following are true regarding DHCP and the SDM?
45. Which of the following commands displays both inbound and outbound Telnet sessions?
46. Which commands terminates an outbound Telnet session?
47. Which layer of the OSI model is reponsible for media access control?
48. The process of removing the Layer-2 header and trailer surrounding a packet is referred to as:
49. Which of the following is a reliable, connection-oriented transport layer protocol?
50. What enables multiplexing of multiple applications over a common network layer?
1. D 11. C 21. C 31. ABDE 41. ABCD 2. B 12. D 22. D 32. C 42. B 3. C 13. C 23. C 33. C 43. C 4. ABC 14. C 24. B 34. C 44. C 5. B 15. D 25. D 35. F 45. D 6. B 16. B 26. C 36. D 46. BD 7. B 17. B 27. C 37. C 47. B 8. A 18. D 28. D 38. B 48. C 9. C 19. B 29. C 39. C 49. B 10. D 20. A 30. D 40. C 50. A
4. "Broadcast" is a destination address type (as are unicast and multicast), not an action.
8. A "PDU" is a "Protocol Data Unit".
9. "CLI" is the "Command Line Interface".
12. Class D addresses span the range from 224 to 239 in the first octet.
16. With a /29 mask, the subnets increment by eight, so the next subnet is the "56" subnet. Thus, the broadcast address for the "48" subnet is "10.20.30.55". The address "10.255.255.255" is the broadcast address for the entire network.
19. Four subnets requires at least two subnet bits, and fifty hosts per subnet requires at least six nost bits. With only eight bits to utilize (due to the class C default mask of /24), the required mask is /26.
27. HDLC and PPP are specifications for WAN frames.
28. "Network" is OSI jargon, the question asked about the TCP/IP model.
30. The admin distance for both RIPv1 and RIPv2 is 120.
42. With a /27 mask, the subnets increment by 32, thus the host is on the "224" subnet.
45. The "show sessions" command only displays outbound sessions.
46. The privileged mode "clear" command terminates an inbound Telnet session.